Monday, January 30, 2006

I love my new house. I love it so much. I love it because it’s warm. I love my garage. I love my pretty new carpet. I love my decks. (Even when it’s raining.) I love my three bathrooms. I love love love my house. Thanks to Roman for providing me with (im)moral support for the big day on Friday, and thanks to Steven and Jerry and Roman and Max for the dungeon-furniture-assembly project Sunday.

But there are other things to talk of besides my beautiful house. I don’t wish to become too tedious, although like anyone with a new love object, I am obsessed. But I still have my other obsessions, too. There are new books on the bedside table, for example. I've just begun the Gabaldon one, and the others have yet to be opened, but I'm looking forward to them all.

A Breath of Snow and Ashes: A Novel by Diana Gabaldon

The Girl in the Glass: A Novel by Jeffrey Ford

Self-Made Man : One Woman's Journey into Manhood and Back by Norah Vincent

The Big Book of Noir by Lee Server; Martin H. Greenberg; Ed Gorman

Dark Crimes 2: Modern Masters of Noir by Ed Gorman (Editor)

Grifter's Game by Lawrence Block

The Big Con : The Story of the Confidence Man by David Maurer

Something from the Nightside, by Simon R. Green

No comments: