Monday, October 04, 2004

Social Updates...

The bondage class yesterday was great. We had a nice turn out, everyone seemed to grasp the material, the rather rickety table I was standing on for some of the demos actually did not collapse under me as I was slightly afraid it might, and the whole thing just went smoothly.
When it was over, I gathered up Roman and his wife and Jake and his companion and half a dozen other people, and we all went down to Louie's for Chinese food, before heading back to the bondage party  There was a lot of eye candy overall last night, which was cool.
And having Max AND Jake AND Roman all together did not prove problematic for me at all, except in that very nice wow-there-are-a-lot-of-people-I'd-like-to-give-my-attention-to kinda way. They're all three so cool, and they just handle things so well, I'm so impressed with all of them. (I even enjoyed watching Jake spend some time immersed in conversation with - well, I believe she goes by Milan here in blog-land. )

And The Next Event... In response to a rather last-minute request, this Tuesday night I'm going to be appearing on a show called "SexLife Live" to discuss the topic: "Pain as Pleasure".
I've heard sort of vaguely about this show, but I didn't really know anything about it, so when the host, Dane Ballard, emailed me and asked me to be on it, I asked him to explain a bit about it. This is what he said:

The show is filmed in front of a live studio audience. (Anywhere from 50 to 100 people). We do post production work on the tape and then the tape will be available within a few days in the archive of the website. Right now there are no shows in the archive because our shows in September (our first three shows) are being compiled for a promotional piece. They were sort of our pilot episodes. Anyway they will still run but this is the first show that will run in it's entirety on the website. Also, starting in December, we will be running our shows on Local Cable. So the show we tape tonight will not only be available online... but in a couple months will be running on local TV as well.It's a discussion between you and me, (and any other guest) though we survey the audience for questions from them, we also have a booth where we might have people who can ask questions during the show... But it would be for a very short period of time. Mostly it's you and I talking about the subject.

Now you know as much as I know. Mr. Ballard also said, "This show is more of a S&M overview, future shows will be about more specific areas of SM & BDSM." Well, frankly, the concept of "pain as pleasure" is actually a very specific topic. If he wants a SM 101 thing, I can do that, but that ain't an SM 101 concept. So I am going to ask him to clarify precisely what topic he's looking for.
I have no idea what to expect from this whole thing, but I'm a girl who can handle most anything and I have a lot of experience talking about sex and kink in public forums. I figure I'll just go wing it, and it'll be whatever it is. I don't think it'll be a hostile venue, but I don't expect it to be a crowd that's very savvy about BDSM, so I'm expecting to spend most of my time debunking the popular BDSM stereotypes. I'm good at that. So if you're in Seattle, I invite you to come and check it out.