Tuesday, September 14, 2004

"Only good girls keep diaries. Bad girls don't have the time." Tallulah Bankhead.

Tallulah sure got that right. Not that anyone would mistake my normal routine for that of a good girl, you understand. But I'm way behind on writing about the Week Of Wickedness. It's already Tuesday and I still haven't talked about Saturday, something I will now rectify...

My plan for last Saturday night was somewhat tricky. I wanted to take both Roman and Jake to a private play-party I'd been invited to. A small test of my agility as a poly person – and theirs as well.

Don't misunderstand me – I didn't want to take them both as my dates. I don't think I have the ability to split my focus that way.

But when I'm dating someone, I like to incorporate them into my social life, and I felt that both the host and hostess, and the other guests, were people that both Roman and Jake should meet, as a way of broadening their BDSM social horizons.

I decided that I would take Jake as my official date, and I asked Roman and his lovely partner, together, if they'd like to come. If this sounds slightly weird to you, it's because it is. But I was relying on both Jake and Roman to be the ultra-cool guys that they are and make the arrangement work out.

And it did. I arranged for a group of the guests to meet up at Septieme for dinner before the party, which went well. I had a small "o-kay" moment when Jake and I arrived at the restaurant and found that we would be the second couple to sit down at the large table – the first being Roman and his wife.

But it was totally fine. The four of us chatted easily, other guests trickled in, and it was just all soooo civilized. Both Roman and Jake told me later that they thought the other, "a cool guy".

As I looked around the table I amused myself drawing a mental chart of "who's involved with who right now, who used to be involved with who, and who'd like to be involved with who". It was a fairly complex diagram – there are certainly monogamous people in the BDSM community, but when I think about it, most of my friends are poly to some degree or other. And yes, it's a rather incestuous community. It's rare to for me to meet an actively kinky person in Seattle who hasn't dated someone I know - usually several someones.

After dinner we went on to the party, which was a small, intimate gathering of less than twenty people. It was nice – one actually gets to talk to people at small parties, unlike the monster affairs Max and I tend to throw where we wind up with a hundred people at the house. Jake and I didn't play, but we watched some cute girls – and a cute boy - get pierced for the first time. And another lovely friend of mine got some stripes on her back and butt, courtesy of Malixe.

A charming evening with many of my favorite friends…

No comments: